S71 “Custom Nitro S” Vintage ’66 3-Tone Sunburst Relic, AAA Birdseye neck. Made in USA.
S71 Custom Guitars is a professional seller commercially registered in Switzerland.
- AAA Birdseye maple neck
- Slab Rosewood fretboard
- Carbon Stiffening rods
- .840 @ 1st fret / .960 @ 12th fret
- Nut Width 1-5/8″
- Radius 12
- “Cream Clay” Vintage style front and side dots
- 21 Tall/Medium frets from Jescar USA
- Heel Vintage Trussrod
- Graphtech « Nubone » nut, made in Canada
- Model T-166 genuine Collins custom hand wound 5/2 Hybrid pickup set with some modern touches
- California Glass is a .187 Alnico 5, Alnico 2 hybrid set of single coil pickups with vintage stagger. Magnets oriented S-N-S spec and calibrated for strength
These pickups are overwound 5% at the bridge and 5% underwound at the neck with the middle pickup wound to late ’60’s specs. The underwinding of the neck will give a small mid scooping, while the overwinding at the bridge will provide a mid boost. The Alnico 5 magnets in the 6th, 5th and 4th string positions will keep the bottom end tight and focused while the Alnico 2 magnets in the 3rd, 2nd and 1st string positions will round out the top and coax out the bell tones.
High quality vulcanized fiber flatwork red .062 top with gray .093 bottoms
- Though ohms are subject to change in temperature these read around
- 5.39 K (neck) 2.13 Henries
- 5.72 K (mid) 2.41 Henries
- 5.95 K (bridge) 2.55 Henries
measured around 70 degrees
The sandcast alnico 5 and 2 magnets were sealed before winding in my own resin formula to prevent magnet to wire failure
Wound with a beautiful bright red modern poly-nylon AWG42 wire and potted in paraffin/bees wax to silence microphonics.
Vintage black/white cloth wiring about 12″ long for the most demanding hookups. Vintage surgical rubber tubing with nickel screws
- 52mm spacing profile
Note: These Model T-166 scatterwound pickups will hum cancel in the 4th and 2nd positions
- They have all the quack and bell tones early single coils are known for
Dripping with tone and ready to rockThey are at home in the California Surf and Sun but are equally home in a Nashville Studio or a Classic Rock venue