- Selected 2-pieces Alder body made in Washington by USA Custom Guitars on Vintage specs.
- Candy Apple Red over 3-Tone Sunburst super Heavy-Relic 100% nitrocellulose finish with plenty of details and stunning checking marks.
- Early 60’s exact « Oval C » specs, Quartersawn Maple on AAA Rosewood fretboard, real Clay dots. Full specs below
- « Blues 1969 » Handwound in Dallas, Texas Pickups. Full specs below.
- Bourns USA Audio Pro 250k pots, Oak Grigsby USA 5 way-switch, Genuine 80’s PIO capacitor. Body is fully “Copper” shielded under the Pickguard to prevent the 60 or 50 cycle hum.
- Handwired elecs with a blender pot to have the « 7-Sounds Stratocaster » mod (bridge+neck, 3 single-coils together) in Parallel.
- Genuine American Fender tremolo with engraved Vintage saddles, large trem block
- Gotoh Japan tuners in a Vintage Kluson style, Gotoh neck plate with 1960-61 serial number, Gotoh hardware.
- Aged Green Mint Pickguard, knobs, switch tip from Fender USA
- Tweed & Red Vintage style Hardcase, certificate included.
New guitar, including Tweed Hardcase, certificat and invoice.
S71 Custom Guitars is a professional seller commercially registered in Switzerland.
Early 60’s « Oval C »Luthier custom made in USA neck specs:
- Quartersawn maple shaft
- AAA Dark Rosewood fretboard
- .790 @ 1st fret / .970 @ 12th fret
- Radius 9.5
- « Real » Clay dots
- 21 Nickel/Silver “Tall/Medium” frets from Jescar USA
- Heel Trussrod
- Graphtech « Nubone » nut, made in Canada
Genuine custom hand wound vintage pickup full specs:
Blues 1969 is modeled after the late ’60’s single coil pickups with vintage stagger .187 Alnico 5 magnets oriented S-N-S spec and calibrated for strengthThese pickups are overwound progressively 5% to bridge for balance. So what is progressive overwinding? The neck pickup in modeled sets are wound to period specs and additional windings are added in percentages to middle and bridge to raise the midrange and output and to maintain balance when switching between pickups
High quality vulcanized fiber flatwork black .062 top with period correct gray .093 bottoms.
Made in the U.S.A hand wound in Texas in my own shop
- 5.68K (neck) 2.34 Henries
- 5.82K (mid) 2.46 Henries
- 6.04K (bridge) 2.52 Henries
The sandcast alnico 5 magnets were sealed before winding in my own resin formula to prevent magnet to wire failure
Wound with a beautiful bright red modern poly-nylon AWG42 wire and potted in paraffin/bees wax to silence microphonics.
Vintage black/white cloth wiring about 12″ long for the most demanding hookups.
- Note: These Model Blues 1969 scatterwound pickups will hum cancel in the 4th and 2nd positions
- They have all the quack and chime early single coils are known for
Dripping with tone and ready to rock
They will shine in Psychedelic Blues, Blues Rock, Rock, Jazz, Country any genre you want to put them through !